NAEHCY Higher Education Helpline
1 (855) 446-2673 (toll-free)
Text "NAEHCY" to 335577
For assistance with issues related to students experiencing homelessness accessing higher education, contact the NAEHCY Higher Education Helpline at 1 (855) 446-2673 (toll-free) or email@example.com or text "NAEHCY" to 335577.
The NAEHCY Higher Education Helpline offers assistance to:
- Financial Aid Administrators seeking to assist students experiencing homelessness with accessing financial aid
- Higher Education Professionals seeking to link homeless students with the supports they need to succeed in college.
- High School Counselors seeking to assist homeless students with applying to and finding resources to pay for college.
- State Coordinators for Homeless Education and Local Homeless Education Liaisons seeking to understand what educational rights students experiencing homelessness have in regards to college access and what support options may be available to them.
- Shelter Staff and Service Providers seeking to connect youth they are serving with resources to access higher education.
- Unaccompanied Homeless Youth who want to attend college but aren't sure what options are available to them to assist in paying for it.
- Parents of students experiencing homelessness who wish to understand what supports may be available to their children to help them attend college.
Top Higher Education Resources
- Making Student Status Determinations for Unaccompanied Homeless Youth: Eligibility Tool for Financial Aid Administrators
- Unaccompanied Homeless Youth Documentation of Independent Student Status for the FAFSA (template for local liaisons and RHYA- and HUD-funded shelters)
- Increasing Access to Higher Education for Unaccompanied Homeless Youth: Information for Colleges and Universities (issue brief)
- NCHE/NASFAA Higher Education Awareness Posters